I wasn't supposed to be able to go on this messabout as I was supposed to be sailing on the Lady Washington. That deal fell through for a variety of reasons, so I spent my time trying to perfect my modifications on the Junebug.

I did a bunch of math and decided I needed another sail to balance out the boat, so I installed a mizzen mast and bent a 20sqft Leg 'o Mutton on it. Now the boat has 80sqft of sail, total - which seems like a lot for what is essentially a canoe.

Tahkenitch Lake is about 150 miles from home, so I did some vigorous yard sailing before I left. It really sucks to drive a long way only to discover you have left a nut or a bolt at home.